Friday, August 13, 2010

Almay intense i-color collection (for brown eyes)

Drugstore makeup, what hidden treasures can we find?
Many I'd say, but sometimes we can also find ourselves in the hassle of trying to get a refund if you change your mind, or arguing with a cashier because she charged you the full price even though it was on sale.
I had that happen to me with this beautiful collection. Putting it on today was such a bittersweet moment, I'm always excited to try new things but the memory of the bad day I had while purchasing this kind of put a damper on my mood.
Regardless, what's done is done, so let's get to the good part.


What it is:
Almay has a collection called intense i-color for Brown, Blue, Green, and Hazel eyes. They have created eyeshadow trios that complement each type of eye color. They've also paired them up with eyeliners in different colors as well to make your eyes pop! Finish up with a little of the corresponding mascara and your eyes will truly shine!

Since I have Brown eyes, I of course picked the shades for brown eyes.

Photobucket



The eyeshadow trio comes in three different combinations, I got the trio for browns 001. It has an all over color in a light purply shade, a crease color in a gorgeous brown, and a highlighter color in a vanilla shade. They look lovely in the package and are really quite pigmented. After I put it on, my eyes look beautiful. I'm not one to wear shades that are so far apart in the color wheel, but these colors blend in together wonderfully! Super impressed!
Now comes the eyeliner, again there are options to these, but wanting to stay within the theme, I picked up a purple eyeliner. The one I got is the intense i-color eyeliner in 001 Purple Amethyst. Wow! What a beautiful color, it is a super intense purple and it comes in the thin twisty shape. It has a built in sharpener in the other side to get that perfect point after a few uses. Love it!
Last but not least is the mascara. I got the intense i-color mascara with light interplay technology in Black Flash. Now what does light interplay technology mean? Well to put it simply, it's just reflective particles in the formulation. Glitter!
It's not overpowering though, the shimmery bits are super tiny and subtle, but it makes your whole look sparkle when you go outside or the light hits your eyes.
I really like this mascara, there was very minimal clumping when I applied it, and it wasn't until I applied it that the whole concept came together. I saw my eyes pop!

So, how do I rate this collection?

Review SystemReview SystemReview SystemReview System

The collection is super cool. They take out the guess work out of choosing the right colors for your eye color. The only reason why I didn't give it a five is because with a little knowledge you can certainly figure out what colors you should get to complement your eyes, and the eyeliner wasn't as creamy and smooth as I would have liked. Still, this collection is nice and worth checking out. I will definitely purchase this again.

Picture time!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

Dominique said...

I purchased the same shadow/eyeliner combo. Can't wait to try it out.

Post a Comment

Visitor Count

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio